Altadena Now is published daily and will host archives of Timothy Rutt's Altadena blog and his later Altadena Point sites.
Altadena Now encourages solicitation of events information, news items, announcements, photographs and videos.
Please email to: Editor@Altadena-Now.com
- James Macpherson, Editor
- Candice Merrill, Events
- Megan Hole, Lifestyles
- David Alvarado, Advertising
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Bellisimo! Altadena Guild’s Home and Garden Tour Set for May 3
Enjoy a little taste of Italy and sip a cappuccino, listen to the music of a strolling accordionist and take in the beauty of magnificent homes and gardens within the original Sphinx Ranch area of northeastern Altadena during the Altadena Guild’s 64th Annual Home Tour on Sunday, May 3.
Home Tour 2015 Co-chairs Judy Bolenbaugh, Marie Darr, Julie Manning, Bobbie Miller say these homes and gardens are “nestled around the Midlothian and Glenview Terrace intersection” and “will delight you with their beauty and versatility.”
The event offers more than simply tours. Also in the lineup:
• Classic hot rod car show
• Fresh, homemade items for sale at the Bakery
• Refreshments, both food and beverage, at the renowned Altadini Bar
• “One Wonderful Thing” venue with quality, gently-used items for sale
• An Opportunity Drawing to win a beautiful tour-inspired quilt
• Plein Air Market with outside vendors to tantalize you with their wares
• Art Gallery showing original art by Linda Salinas, Guild member and creator of this year’s artwork featured on the invitations and program
• Complimentary beverage and biscotti at the Tea Garden
• Live entertainment at various locations
“We invite you to be part of our 64th annual Home Tour by purchasing a ticket, purchasing an ad for the program, purchasing opportunity ticket(s) for the Quilt, and/or becoming a patron,” the ladies say. “Your monetary support contributes to our goal of donating to the Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Huntington Hospital’s Constance G. Zahorik Appearance Center, and the Altadena Guild Community Service Scholarship, given to a deserving employee of the hospital.”
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets cost $30 and may be purchased by clicking here.