Altadena Now is published daily and will host archives of Timothy Rutt's Altadena blog and his later Altadena Point sites.
Altadena Now encourages solicitation of events information, news items, announcements, photographs and videos.
Please email to: Editor@Altadena-Now.com
- James Macpherson, Editor
- Candice Merrill, Events
- Megan Hole, Lifestyles
- David Alvarado, Advertising
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Pasadena Unified Announces 11 Have Applied for Vacant Board of Education District 3 Seat
Eleven applicants have submitted paperwork to fill the vacancy of the District 3 Board of Education seat created by the resignation of Board Member Tyron Hampton after his election to the Pasadena City Council.
Pasadena Unified spokesman Adam Wolfson released the list this morning:
1. Debra Sylvester, retired PUSD security guard
2. Samuel Estrada, retired Deputy Sheriff, Altadena Sheriff’s Office
3. Ivan Elder, retiree
4. Carol Potter, retired PUSD teacher
5. Andrew Vasicek, Attorney, State Bar of California
6. Stephen Acker, Deputy Director, LA County Workforce Investment Board
7. Michelle Bailey, PUSD Secretary
8. Ruben Hueso, LAUSD Teacher
9. Keith Russell, CalTech Graduate Research Assistant, former Muir teacher
10. Guillermo Arce, Human Services Administrator, LA County
11. Adrienne Mullen, Ed.D., Dean, LA Community College District
The District has not verified the qualifications of any of the applicants as of yet. Each must be registered to vote in and reside within the boundaries of the PUSD Board of Education District 3.
To be considered for the position, each applicant must attend a special meeting of the school board tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 27, 2015 at which time all prospective applicants will be interviewed. A provisional appointment could be announced as early as that meeting.
Unless a petition calling for a special election with a sufficient number of signatures is filed in the office of the Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools within 30 days of the date of the provisional appointment, it shall become an effective appointment. The term of service for the appointment for PUSD Board District 3 is from the date of appointment to May 1, 2017.