Altadena Now is published daily and will host archives of Timothy Rutt's Altadena blog and his later Altadena Point sites.
Altadena Now encourages solicitation of events information, news items, announcements, photographs and videos.
Please email to: Editor@Altadena-Now.com
- James Macpherson, Editor
- Candice Merrill, Events
- Megan Hole, Lifestyles
- David Alvarado, Advertising
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Pickleball is Back at Farnsworth Park
After having been closed for refurbishing since July 15, Farnsworth Park’s courts will open this Monday, October 7 for pickleball from 6 – 9 p.m. with the following weekly schedule:
Evenings: Tuesdays & Saturdays: 9 to noon
Mornings: Tuesdays & Saturdays: 9 to noon
Morning: Thursdays: 9 to noon for DRILLS only
To all beginners, those of you who have wanted to try this “pickleball” thing out, now’s the time. The weather is lovely, the view spectacular (most of the time) and there are newly refurbished courts. Equipment is provided at Farnsworth Park; you provide proper court/tennis shoes. Free lessons for beginners will be offered on Thursday evenings from 6 to 7 and Saturdays from 9 to 10.
Some interesting information about the game:
• No partner required; you play with whoever is at the court;
• No reservation required; just show up on any day on the schedule during the posted times;
• It’s an inter-generational game; kids, parents and grandparents can all play together (or not);
• It’s an incredibly social game; friendly people, self-introductions, meet your neighbors on the court.
Hope to see you at the park!
For further information, please call or email Lynn A. Rabin-Altadena Pickleball Ambassador: 818-636-7388 (c), 626-398-0379 (h) and email@example.com.